There are a lot of organizations that are willing to help you. But not all of them are worth reading or investing in. That’s why it’s important to know what makes the best NGOs in UK. We have created a list of 5 best NGOs so that you can make an informed decision before you decide which one to donate.
We all want to make a difference in the world around us. Whether that be by donating money, or doing something more tangible like volunteering at an animal shelter in your area. However, which UK non-profit is the best one to donate to? That’s what we’ll be focusing on in this blog post.
List of NGOs to Donate In UK
The list of the best NGOs to donate in UK is given below:
- The National Trust is a charity that owns and manages land in England and Wales. It was founded in 1895 and its mission is “to connect people with places”.
The National Trust has many properties across the UK, some of which are historic houses, gardens and countryside. The Trust also takes care of other heritage sites such as castles, gardens or even whole towns. You can donate to this charity by visiting their website and making a donation.
- The British Red Cross (BRC) is an independent charity that seeks to provide help and support to people affected by disasters and conflict. It was founded in 1859, making it one of the oldest humanitarian organisations in the world. Over the years, BRC has become one of the most respected names in disaster relief.
The organisation’s focus is on providing emergency assistance and long-term solutions for refugees affected by wars, natural disasters or epidemics. The BRC also works to prevent future disasters as well as improve health care services for vulnerable populations.
In addition to its emergency response work, BRC also offers life-saving medical aid through its medical assistance program. The program helps provide medical treatment to people who need urgent assistance but cannot afford it or who do not have access to adequate healthcare facilities at home or abroad.
- The Royal Foundation was established by HRH The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge and Sussex, who are committed to improving life for children around the world. Since 2013, their foundation has invested over £100m in projects that support children’s health, education and wellbeing.
The foundation supports programs such as:
- Proud, which empowers young people across Africa with the confidence and self-belief they need to achieve their dreams;
- Project Empower, which uses football to support vulnerable boys living in Kenya;
- Shine A Light, an innovative global project which helps women living with HIV/AIDS access antiretroviral treatment;
- Schools Together International (STI), which helps improve education outcomes for girls around the world.